Everyone is different, and therefore the experience of counselling is different for everyone.
Some people find that there is a sense of relief to be found, just in the process of talking to someone about what they feel. For others, opening up about what’s troubling them can be a difficult and perhaps painful process.
But for those who stick with it, some of the results that people commonly experience through coming to counselling include:
- Coping better with anxiety, anger, worries and other feelings that bring them down
- Discovering more about their own inner emotions, resources and abilities
- Learning new ways to handle the stresses and pressures that they face
- Improving their self-esteem and learning to like themselves more
- Breaking free from unhelpful habits, attitudes and ways of thinking about their lives
- Recognising their strengths and feeling more confident in themselves
If you are thinking about approaching counselling, I would warmly encourage you to make the next step and contact me for an initial discussion. Either phone or email is fine, whichever feels more comfortable for you.
I very much look forward to welcoming you, and hope to help you to experience some of these positive outcomes, too.